NOT ACTIVE – Delivery Manager – £40,000-£75,000/yr
You invest a lot of yourself into managing projects. So wouldn’t you rather be doing it for an ethical organisation whose work makes a positive impact on society?
This is your opportunity to work on a variety of projects with a common goal: to improve society by helping people make better decisions with data. You’ll be part of a consultancy that’s delivered more than 400 successful projects for clients in healthcare, defence, local and central government. Their ethos is to use data for good, questioning assumptions and applying creativity to solve difficult problems for their customers.
As a Delivery Manager, you’ll be responsible for project managing the delivery of different data and analytics projects for clients. These can range from small discovery projects where clients are looking at leveraging data more effectively, to large data transformation projects.
It’s an ideal move if you’re looking for greater scope and responsibility:
Your remit is largely the same whether you join us at a senior or intermediate level. The main difference is in the size and scope of projects you’ll manage plus senior roles have greater client management responsibility. When you’re not on-site or working from home, you can choose to be based in either Sheffield, Bristol or London.[MW1]
You don’t need public sector experience to join but you will need to be able to grasp the pace and complexity of the public sector, and to appreciate the different connections involved. Similarly, if you’ve only worked in a traditional Waterfall/Prince2 environment before, you’ll need the flexibility to adapt to a more hybrid, Pragmatic Agile approach.
Beyond that, we’d expect to find most of the following on your CV:
● Success as a Project or Programme Manager delivering data-centric projects (data transformations, data migrations, big data, data analytics, etc.)
● A record of applying different delivery methodologies in practice, with the ability to identify and compare the best processes and practices to use (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, hybrid, etc).
● Versatile all-round communication skills – you’ve shown you can manage stakeholder relationships and lead multi-disciplinary teams, both in-person and remotely.
● Eligibility for a Security Clearance – you’ve been a UK resident for the past 5 years. As part of the onboarding process, you’ll be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS).
● To join us as a Senior Delivery Manager, experience in the Defence Sector would be a plus.
To find out more about the role, the organisation and the rewards, click the enquire today button.